Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fall, Rewrites and Interesting Research.

Where did this summer go? It seems unreal that kids are already back to school, and Halloween merchandise is already out in stores, with Halloween recipes and DIY decor ideas floating around on Facebook.
I am really looking forward to this Fall even though the Summer was not what I expected. The first book in my suspense series is due to be re-released by Nevermore Press in November, and the next one will be out in January. The third book is also complete, and I am in the process of working on rewrites and edits and other touch ups before I submit it as well.
I am at a place now where I feel more secure about where my series is going and when it will end. I am very surprised at the direction the storyline took, and was feeling quite uncertain for a while, but at the same time excited. That's the magical thing about writing, when you are truly connected to a storyline and the characters they really do tend to take over the story.
So, since Friday I have been going through rewrites, and it's been work. There has been several points I had to reconsider, and add to in the book. And I have had to look up some rather interesting subjects for research as I iron out all these aspects.
And the variety of what I looked up led me to wonder what the strangest things have been that other authors have ended up typing into their search browser for research along the way as they complete work on their novels. I can tell you my list has been quite interesting considering I have to write about a character with D.I.D, better known as Dissociative Identity Disorder.  During the course of my rewrites I have looked up abacus,  computer and laptop parts, & types of buildings. And that's just been lately, since completing the third book in The Edge of Springwood series.
So feel free to share the weirdest items that have been added to your search browser history, all for the sake of bringing more intriguing storylines and characters to the world of novels. And stay posted for more on The Edge of Springwood coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment